Aila-grams

*Names and identifying details have been altered to protect the innocent people who could sue me.

October 28, 2012

Great Moments in Teaching History (September edition)

Questionnaire: What one thing would you change about the world?
8th grader: I'd be able to get anything I want for free! Oh, and treat cancer.


Student's Short Story: “But then it hit me. It hit me as if it were a speedy wind smacking you straight in the face. It hit me as if it were an unexpected tornado, or earthquake, or whatever metaphor you like that symbolizes my brain hatching an idea.”

(One day, on a field trip ...)
Student: Look, Ms Gettlin, I caught a fish!
me: John, put that back in the pond!
Student: But Ms Gettlin ...
me: PUT THE FISH BACK IN THE WATER.
Student: See, I didn't hurt it, it's swimming away!
(Student 2: That's not swimming, that's floating upside down.)
me: John, what was that rule about not going in the water?
Student: I didn't go in the water!
me: John ... you were holding a fish.
Student: I d
idn't go in the water!

me: Are your hands wet?
Student: I didn't go in the water!
me: Are your hands wet?
Student: Yeah ... oh.






No comments:

Post a Comment